Saturday, June 5, 2010

When I met Janardhan- the 77-yr old guy!

Ha! Another saturday..another opportunity for a nwzppr pic!!:) (shud hv written a blog bout sunfeast run bt pics were enough)
This time it was times cycle to work event!! Not as much hyped as sunfeast, but still a happening way to start ur weekend!!Human greed once starts..it never ends!! I wanted another nwzppr pic..and dis time in the times of india! And so, I was thr at the very front during flag-off,surrounded by pros, foreigners and Janardhan..in their fancy sport bikes and bright red/yellow colored clothes all in full glory(dude, wat the hell ws I doing here!)smiling at the reporters..who were of course capturing us ferociously in those big lens! And I made it sure to be standing next to the guy called Janardhan, who was getting all hype in the world for his amazing comeback in life! And he sure ws getting media attention!
This guy, when he was 64-yr old, had some scary medical condition and ws prescribed medication for life-time..But he didn't want to live like dat...living on medicines and depending on his relatives for his basic life activities( who wants to live like that even for a minute!)..so he took it light...cycling ws one of the activities he took up really seriously and full-time..
I can't believe I rode 83km today! today's weather played a big part in dat..but dat is serious distance! ur legs just can't take it anymore..they simply stop pedalling as if shouting...stop it dude!wtffff!!

And..Janardhan rode 111km today..77-year old guy!!! i mean srsly wtffff!! he makes u feel so lame! and he rides 50km everyday...he doesn't miss out on any marathon/cycling event in Bangalore..(I came to know thr are tonnes of events going out in Bangalore every now nd then, only if i'm a bit more alert!)

And then u think..I just hope I get a pic in tomorrow's nwzppr wid dis guy! :P :P

1 comment: